Thursday, January 12, 2006

No Control With The Spy Around

I found a Lion in my bathroom this morning!! DANG RIGHT. It was brown and fuzzy, and scary looking. I kept my cool though, I stayed calm, and I took care of him good. I turned him upside down with my BARE HANDS. Yeah, that's right. He didn't roar, he didn't even fight me, infact he stayed silent, in a fearful kind of way. That Lion was scared of ME. You wanna know why? Cause it was an advertisement on the back of a magazine for Narnia and it was just a picture of Aslan.
HA HA. I fooled you!!
Let me educate you for a moment, contrary to popular belief, the following things are not true...
- I live in a hut
- I have a pet elephant/giraffe/hippo or any of the like
- I don't have internet
- I do tribal dances
- I don't have a phone
- They don't speak English.
Now I kindly ask to use common sense when asking me questions. Please and Thankyou.

Now that that's cleared up let us move onto...the TITLE. I'm sure you're all wondering who the spy is. Me too. He doesn't speak..well no that's not the right way to put it. He talks too much but about out of the norm things, and has CRAZY escape plans! This is really all the information I can give you, because he is within range of hearing my typing! That is if he has some strange ear thing, which I bet he does. He likes to cross his legs so his shorts hike up uncomfortably high, and he has a freaky deaky smile (alllll the time). I'm pretty sure he's bugged this..so let me stop...NOW.

As for the no control part, it would be the fact that nothing goes right here, and then when things even happen, it takes ten times longer than it should. It's frustrating, and I can't conrtol any of it. Solution? I won't try to. I'll just roll with it and realize that the majority of things happening right now are happening to me, but not because of me, and can't be changed by me. So I'll just pretend everything's fun, how's that? Well it won't make things fun, but pretend worlds are fun, it seems to work for this over age spy man.

Once upon a time there was a girl who had a blog to write in but couldn't think of anything to say. Hence, she sat here, deciding if she should do school. Than apologized to all lovely viewers for having too many good stories, and not being able to choose one. Perhaps, she thought, when she was in a more normal and non-code speaking mode, she would post a good, life-changing, spectacular post with the things she had done. And it was with that thought that she ended her blog post with

3 Comments:

Blogger ...Jillie... said...

Heeeeeeeey Miss Lauren... not going to lie.. you actually had me going for a bit on the Lion thing.. that goofy ol' Aslan. Actually i haven't seen Narnia (not that you asked.. just mentioning it) Uhmm I really enjoye dyour list of things that are untrue.. but I daresay that you do do tribal dances when no one is looking.. I sure do when I am in the midst of my room.. with the lights down low. OH GOSH. Babble coming on. I shall stop. Have a lovely weekend

12/1/06 21:49  
Blogger white girl said...

haha.. good post, Lauren!

And as for the frustrations of everything taking longer than you are used to, welcome to cross cultural living! But you are learning your lessons well and quickly. So many people struggle for so long because they try to control and change. Just roll with it. That's the best thing.

And, Taylor, I think Lauren is on African time so it's not 3:21 a.m. in BC, but it's 3:21 a.m. where Lauren lives because she has her blog time set to her time zone. :)

12/1/06 22:07  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey hey! I'm the most gullable guy in the world I totally fell for that Lion thing I was like, "no way oh oh no oh no it's gonna eat her and then....it wasn't real...so my question is this: is the whole cobra snake thing fake too? I'm telling ya, snakes and spiders are my worst, i got no respect for neither, in fact they can both go straight (no detours) to hell! ahhh I get shivers just thinkin about having a cobra in my room...that's enough to cause me to go change my underwears...hee hee...hang in there Lauren we are praying for you big time remember to see the good things about Africa.

13/1/06 10:25  

Post a Comment

<< Home