Monday, January 16, 2006

I Concur

Random quotes/whatever you would like to call them, off of signs and buses in Kitwe...
"Y'ello Sunshine"
"Drive carefully. Children are our future."
"Boom Go Sounds" - my personal favorite, it was on the back of a bus
"I Like Jesus Too."
"Regular Breaks are Good For You."
"Take Time Off."
"I survived." - and we're all very glad you did.
"Good Morrow."
"Drink, don't drive."
"Yay long cafe"
"Rita's, a peculiar shop."
"The Unique Hair Salon."
And finally for the last quote/thingy, I have an explanation. We were driving behind a bus, and the buses here are all VW looking, and they're blue and white. Most of them have the most random sayings on their back window, and one day I plan on doing a photo shoot of all the best ones. Anyway this bus we were behind had "SIMPLE PLAN" written in huge letters, I found their African tour bus everybody!! Haha.
Gotta love it here.
Our car wouldn't start this morning. Lame.
SO would you all like to know what my life consisted of the past few days? Well, let me tell you, it's so terribly exciting you won't be able to contain yourself. First, I made a mini golf course out of our house. You see we don't have a TV currently, or a stereo, or good internet there. Therefore, I have been forced to make my own entertainment. Tragic, I know. Anyway, this golf course consisted of: plastic cups, circles of string, the bathtub (that's a tough one!), the toilet (I didnt really wanna make that shot), pillows, mosquito netting, and pots! Yay! I know exactly what you're thinking right now, boy do I want to hang out with Lauren. But I'm not even done with my entertainment! Oh no, not yet! Then, I taught my parents how to play BS (although we're pure and holy missionaries - haha - so we called it "cheat") that proved very interesting. Saddest part? Not that I sat and played cards with my parents, but that my dad won the entire time. Then I took picture of monsuier gecko. Oui oui, he's my lover.
I'm begging you, buy an airplane ticket...
NOW
run OUT the door
or PICK UP the phone
just DO IT

3 Comments:

Blogger AfterVerner said...

Those are fully awesome quotes...beats the signs around here at least. And minigolf? I usually hit the ball a lot too hard...haha. I'll come visit you one day. It'll be fun.

16/1/06 22:36  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lauren your scaring me...you really are starting to sound like me when we were missionaries in Austria, I would make up sweet basketball games in my house with baskets and nerf balls (I would have craft time every day and make my very own nerf hoops) I was cool. I would also catch geckos and and tie string around their necks and walk them down the road and keep them as pets until they died.

17/1/06 10:06  
Blogger ...Jillie... said...

ALOHA LAUREN!!!!!! OH MY GOSH>. i actually think that would be fabulous to play mini golf avec toi! Oh gosh.. Ican't wait to by my flight.. I PROMISE YOU i will.. not this year.. but next year i believe... OH GOSH.. your soo rad and I lvoe you to bits.. I love reading yoru BLOGS your a laugh and a half.. but I need to hit the hay for bed time!! xoxo nightnight

17/1/06 21:59  

Post a Comment

<< Home