Saturday, June 30, 2007

Be A Hippy

All I want to do with my life is travel. I want to see the entire world, and not the touristy side. To travel and experience all the local things, understand the history, grasp the culture, everywhere. *Sigh*
Unfortunately life isn't exactly like that is it? And it makes me think of Shannon. Everything seems to make me think of Shannon lately...but you know, it's not like she went everywhere in the world, and she was satisfied with life, she impacted hundreds of lives, and lived her life. Shannon's a friend of myn...she passed away a week and 4 days ago now. She lived in Ohio, and died in a car crash there on a Tuesday night, she wasn't wearing her seat belt. It's really made me try and understand life though. If anybody deserved to live to 120, it was her. Through the whole circumstance I guess I've seen that any day really can be your last, it doesn't matter how young or old you are. It's inspired me to just be who I am, strive to reach the things I dream of, but above all to love people and put them first. What does it matter in the end how many places you've been or certificates you've recieved, if you never learned to communicate or love?
So I combined those thoughts. I want to travel everywhere for God, and I want to learn to love not only the culture but the people. To show them a genuine care and compassion, to share what I can, and to grow relationships. That's what I want my life to be. No working in an office or anything...I want to help people wherever they need help.
This all being said I leave for Guatemala on July 9th and return July 18th. It should be a pretty incredible experience, and I'm looking forward to just getting to know people's hearts there. Next spring break I'm going to be heading off to New Zealand, where one of my best friends lives. My last day at Bylands was Thursday, which means to pay for NZ I need to get another job near the end of August. Next June also has a trip to England in store...so there'll be a lot of moving around in the next year. This will also be my grade 12 year, so I'll be working, having to do candy striping, church, and plenty of homework.
Well, to my few and faithful readers, I love you guys, go do life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home