Monday, October 15, 2007

A Fresh-ish Start

Last night I was trying to fall asleep around 11. That evening I'd worked, hung out with some people while working, came home to try and accomplish some homework assignments, but left them in frustration. Due to a million things a tad bit o caffeine running through me, I had too many thoughts going through my head. The ones that go like this:
I'm so choked my English assignment didn't print.
When did I start saying 'choked' anyway...?
I think it was when I heard about Alex saying it all the time.
Speaking of Alex...what's happened to Maylynn?
Oh right they're on a break...
Was I supposed to phone Kelly about something tonight?
Shoot! I forgot to get that girl's number from the shop about the concert!
You see? It spirals. That's not good for when you're trying to get to sleep. Most nights I'm horribly tired and find dreamland right away. However, 40 minutes of these thoughts last night and I forced myself to "focus on my breathing" which after a while led me to sleep.
This morning I woke up, and knew it was going to bad. I decided today was just going to be bad. I looked in the mirror and I felt the ugliest I have in at least the past 7 months. Five different hairstyles, seven different outfits, three makeup changes, NOTHING WORKED. After looking at the clock (around the third hair change) I realized I was going to miss the bus. So I phoned Meghan and got her to drive me to school. All I could think about at school was my unfinished homework assignments, how ugly everybody must've thought I was, and how TIRED I felt. Halfway through the day though I found a solution.
Start a new day.
I did not care it was halfway through the day and that I'd already lived a morning plus an hour. So, I went home (skipping a class). I put on my pajamas, crawled into bed, and went to sleep so I could finish the dream of the morning. When I woke up (around 3:30pm) I made myself some breakfast, had a cup of coffee, and grabbed a shower. I proceeded to do my hair, find a new outfit, put on fresh makeup, and headed out to candy striping. When I got home I had some "lunch" (in realtime:dinner) then gave Lizzy a call and we did a coffee adventure.
Now that it is about my bedtime again, for the second time today, I can officially say I beat time and bad days. There is a solution folks. My second day went amazingly well. This may be because I woke up convinced and so completely sure it would go well. This does not matter though. Today was a good couple days.

1 Comments:

Blogger AfterVerner said...

I enjoy your thoughts. They could change lives when practiced.

27/10/07 15:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home