Friday, February 03, 2006

Hair

So the big question today, is what to do with my hair? Please observe below pictures...
Okay so here's Lauren Bess with short hair, the newest hair style, which began early December


Here we have Lauren Bess with long hair, accompanied by Steph in the Ukraine in August

Alright ladies and gentlemen, which hair style will it be? See if I grow it long, I get my sweet incredibly long curly locks back. The down side? The ends would probably need trimming which just gets annoying, and I think longer hair makes me look younger. If I keep it short I like it, but it's short. And I need to get it cut exactly like that, and here a good hair stylist for white people is RARE. With all capitals, ya hear? Yup. So this is my current dilemma, which I am leaning on you guys, my lovely readers, to advise me on. Now in other Kitwe news...
Last night there was a power outage here at the Bersaglio home. There were 10 of us here waiting for dinner. Not enough food. No power. It was interesting haha. It came on in time for dessert though, so really what matters then!? Lauren and I were discusing how it may be entertaining if somebody there had a boyfriend (we were the only unmarried people) there, because with the lights out, it's all free, you know? Then being teenage girls we discused why we don't have boyfriends. Yup.
I've decided cell phones do nothing but deprive you of sleep. I had some hellish sounding ring tone wake me up at eleven the other night by SOMEBODY just wanting to ask how I was. GASH. Not cool. Not cool atal kids.
So here's a bit of a slideshow from HOME! I don't care if ya'll think home is boring cause it's home, for me it's happy! Happy home (haha for people who have heard the comedian Brian Reegan "You said that was a happy house mom!")


Here are my most favorite boys in the world, my big brothers and I on New Years Eve. That's Kelly on the left and Sean on the right. I love them lots and lots. (and lots).

And folks looks like that's all you're going to get for pitures for today. Why? Because the internet doesn't seem to be working for picture uploading. Oh well! Off to the market I go...

10 Comments:

Blogger white girl said...

I would say go for long because of the whole hairdresser rarity thing.

I'm so disappointed that the pictures ran out so quickly! More next time, though, right?

Hey! I thought you were in Africa already on New Year's. But that picture of you and the boys is in your house in Westbank - so now I'm confused.

4/2/06 05:52  
Blogger Michelle said...

I liked your blog post. I love the pictures and unlike Dawn, I'm not going to complain that they ran out so quickly...I'll just sit tapping my foot unpatiently until your next blog post. haha. Just kidding. I don't know if you noticed or not, but you got tagged on my blog. Dawn tagged me and I tagged you and Jonathan. I'm excited to see what you write:)
I think you should grow your hair long and then when you get really sick of it cut it off. That's always been my trick.

4/2/06 08:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Africa, isn't the custom to grow it long mix in mud and roll up sticks, bones, stones and other small animal parts into the hair?
In that case.....long is the way to go, you can mix in lots more stuff!!
Always enjoy your pictures! Keep 'em coming! :)

4/2/06 09:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so we all pretty much know which picture is my favourite. hahahah. THE ONE OF YOU OF COURSE..... *shifts eyes* well i like your hair short, personally. you look much more sophisticated and shet. i wish we had blackouts here more often. nothing more fun than sitting around the table melting candle wax. yayay. i must say, though, that i too am disappointed by the LACK OF PICTURES. grrrgrrgrr. more more more. hahahaaaa okay bye laurence.

4/2/06 19:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definately long for authentic African styling! You can braid it and do funky things and then if you really hate it chop it off because it looks cute short. That is my advice for you...still waiting for an answer on the "Do they have maple syrup?" question. if they don't I'll send you a crate full!

5/2/06 18:31  
Blogger AfterVerner said...

well, I like it better short. But I suppose conveinence might override all that. Impossible to find a hair stylist, then...cut it yourself. Or wait and don't. That's what I've been doing...Except I'm too much of a wuss to cut my own hair and make myself look goofy. Got madcore distracted by that hair thinger...
We had some power outages over here recently...some more than others. Awkward. okay so, fabulicious photos. good luck with your hair dilemma.

5/2/06 22:15  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i totally just noticed the fact that you and that girl are touching weni in that picture. holy frick. hahahah.

6/2/06 00:16  
Blogger ...Jillie... said...

Hmmmmmmmm.. i was htinking go for the short with bangs.. but the hairdresser issue could be detrimental to your health. i still am thinking bangs though.. know why?? cause they rock. Period.. that is my reason. What about the whole Dreds? not ready yet? you just wait. SOoooo Question.. areyour brothers still at your house? cause.. i keep seeing random cars in teh driveway. but i think i see your brothers everyonce in a while too.. my mom was curious (yes neighbourhood spying is occuring.. the drama) Chat with yo ulater hun

6/2/06 21:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7/2/06 22:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't believe they deleted my comment!!!

17/2/06 19:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home