Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Arlo and Buckeroo pt 2

Alright in Arlo and Buckeroo part 1 we learned all about Heather C. Bates/Arlo. If you missed that post, READ IT NOW. And then you'll understand why I'm righting about Steve. Anyway, I know now that you've read all about Heather and think she's awesome and you wanna be friends with her. But, it's time for Steve. It's okay though, because he's a sohnchen, which qualifies him as cool.

Steve...Buckeroo...

Why am I calling him Buckeroo? Well Steve I'm not sure if you remember this but MONTHS ago I called you buckeroo one day on msn, and then I told you I had decided I was going to call you that. I don't think I followed through on it, but for the sake of the post, your nick name is still buckeroo.Steve (who's real name is Stephen) Sohnchen and I go back to the summer. Not quite as far as Heather and I, but he's still sweet. He'd met my brother (Kelly) randomly once before me because Steve's cousin (Dave Sohnchen) was the bass player in Kelly's band. Connections hey? So anyway, we met, in sort of a funny situation actually. AJ wanted to go to the mall with Steve, but was not allowed alone with a boy at the mall. She called Heather to come along so they could go, who then called me so she wasn't a third wheel. Since it was summer and I was just gunna tan all day anyways, I said sure. We hit up the mall that Friday afternoon and I met this infamous Stephen Sohnchen. He seemed pretty cool, although a year younger, fairly mature. He had just recently moved from Calgary to K-town, and I must say fit in with the crowd back home due to his love of screamo/all those similar types of music.

Random Facts About Buckeroo:
-His birthday is March 5 (the day before Arlo's)
-He has an older brother named Adam (and a sister, but I don't know her)
-Him and heather both go to Evangel church in K-town
-He plays guitar
-He lives in rutland but is in denial
-Apparently we knew him when he was in diapers? Parental language...


Adventures of Loni and Steve...

I think our first adventure was at retreat this fall. There was this retreat for youth groups in the Okanagan at this place outside of Kelowna. It was really sweet...I think the camp was Jewish...but anyway it was on this lake and it was super nice and stuff. I went with Evangel youth cause my friends from my youth couldn't go. It was the end of September so it was a bit chilly, but not too cold. One night, there was this thing where people were supposed to go and find all the leaders. It started at like 10 or something cause we had just finished playing Capture the Flag I think. So anyway Steve and I were originally in a group or like 8 until we were ditched to a group of 4: us and 2 REALLY weird kids. Hmmm. So we decided it's be best if "you two take that side of the island thing, and we'll meet you in that field over there in like 30 minutes ok?" Then me and steve went exploring. We found a couple canoodling, and laughed at them haha. Didn't do too much until we came across these stairs leading towards the lake. Not being on that side of the camp yet, we decided to explore...or I think I decided and made Steve...that's besides the point. We ended up on this big dock that was the outline of a square and really neat. So we walked out on it and kinda stood there for a while watching some party across the lake. Then.....*cue creepy music* ..... Steve was on the other side of the big square when something was thrown into the water right next to me. I screamed and went running to the steve man. This happened again numerous times and we were scarrred. Well I'm not sure if Steve was, I sure as heeeck was. Since it was fun though, I was like hey, lets go find the serial killer throwing stuff at us! Venturing into the woods I'm pretty sure we came really close, but we ended up not finding them. It was a sweet night though, so much fun just running around the camp.

Numero Deux adventuro (I'll make this the last, because, well, if I throw every crazy thing in here then your attention goes out the window. And you don't comment. Hint hint, comment). Nooow I'm not sure if this was all in the same night...actually I think it was. Well anyway. I had been in downtown K-town getting shots done for A-frica, and was like since I'm around, I'll go to the Sohnchens. I pop up at the door, and Erin and Adam and Steve were watching....Kingdom of Heaven I think? I came in part way through and didn't understand anything. After a while Graeme showed up with the Poker set. I was supposed to be picked up in like 20 minutes, but we re-arranged so that I went home with Sean when he got off work that night at like 10:30. So we poker-d it up. And I'm pretty sure this was also the poker game when graeme had his cap gun and he'd keep shooting me so I'd flinch and then they'd make fun of me while Adam stole chips. Yeah...good times...not. Flinching and getting stolen from isn't good kids haha. But semi-funny for sure. Anyway then they made some pizzas...well I wont give them that much credit, I think they took them out of the freezer and put them in the oven. After a while we decided to hit it up at Erins with her 'big screen' (sweet wall movie projector) and watch Batman. Was it Batman? I'm pretty sure. Once the movie ended itself, we (Steve, Adam, Erin, and I) went into the hot tub, Graeme copped out, sitting on a chair in Adam's big wooly sweater. Since I didn't have my bathing suit I was wearing Erin's soccer shorts and tee. Then came the rubber ducky. Than danged rubber ducky. Steve started filling it with water and squirting me in the face. Apparently it's almost as much fun as watching me flinch because of cap guns.

So there you have a teenie biography of the Steve Sohnchen boy. Quite rad? I would say so.

3 Comments:

Blogger AfterVerner said...

I know a few Steves, and they're all pretty cool. One used to have dreadlocks. One of the epitomies of cool. You always have the most interesting adventures. Or at least they sound interesting when you tell them. But good times are always grand, interesting or not.

29/3/06 16:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Duckies....
There seems to be a pattern developing here. (see Dawn's blog)

29/3/06 20:15  
Blogger ...Jillie... said...

Holaaaaa miss Laurennn. Wanna know something funny?? I always refer to you know as my little african friend. Yet.. you are totally Canadian. Its entertaining really, i'll be like.. soo you know what my little african friend Lauren said the other day?? and then everyones like.. woah.. Lauren's not an african name.. and then i'm like.. naah she's down there. .then pretty much give the lowdown about what you fab people are doign in Zambia.. soo now.. just from that nick name.. TONS of people know yoru story now.. and are praying.. soo thats always nice to know. Anywho i jus thtought that i;d check on my LAF.. cause you ROCK.. maaaaan i'm home from the DR.. and I AM SOO SAAAAD I miss it tres much!

1/4/06 21:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home