Friday, April 21, 2006

Scarface

So I got really bored the other day, and began counting my scars. I have a total of 17. And now for your reading pleasure I shall share with you about them. Oh yes before I do, some of you wanted to know what my number one meal was. Well, I kept it unkown because we don't want fights breaking out between mothers back home. But I will tell you it was at a Christmas Dinner in Kelowna when I was a child, and the dessert really made it, because it was Death by Chocolate. I had never had it before, and although being young, I'm pretty sure it sparked my addiction.

1) Location: Back of head
Story: I was on a missions trip in the Queen Charlotte Islands. Brittany, Ali, and I decided to frolick on the stony beach in our ponchos one night. I was 13 and was just following along. We then spotted a log that looked like a teeter-totter and Brittany sat on one end, I on the other. Brittany got up, and as she did, the log began to roll backwards. My poncho got caught under the log and I fell backwards, smashing my head on a rock. Iris Lee then had to tend to my head and be my care taker for the next hour while I asked about ten times where my brothers were.


2) Location: Right side of head.
Story: We were in gym class and doing the "run" which everybody was actually walking. This kid behind me then picked up something and yelled "Hey Harrison!" at the kid in front of me. I kept walking with my friends when something hit the side of my head. I grabbed the side of my head and started yelling at the annoying little boy. I moved my hand away from my head and saw it covered in blood, then saw stains on my WHITE DC Shirt (yes I was very mad) and my grey Etnies! I started screaming (my own blood really scares me) and running back towards the school. I fell over on the side walk cause I blacked out, but two seconds later was up and running again. I got a day off school out of it. What was the object that hit me? A broken cafeteria tray. It was supposed to hit Harison. Dang.


3) Location: Upper right forehead.
Story: I was 3 years old and my brothers and I were just chillin. Then, I'm not sure why, but Kelly picked up a dust pan and threw it across the attic, hitting my head. They had to take me to the hospital and I got stitches. This was the only time I've ever been to the hospitable for an injury.


4) Location: Left eyebrow
Story: This is my gangsta scar. I was about 5 and my brother Sean was playing the recorder. Apparently him and Kelly started fighting when the recorder broke, and a piece went flying into my eyebrow.


5) Location: Upper right arm
Story: One night I was feeling really sick when I got home from babysitting (this is a couple years ago) and I was sitting on the kitchen floor in major pain. It was about midnight and Kelly walked in and asked me what was wrong. So he sent me to bed, and made me a hot water bottle wrapped in a tea towel. I woke up the next morning and realized the tea towel had fallen off during the night, and I had burnt a line onto my arm.


6) Location: Upper left arm
Story: I'm pretty sure this is just from a shot. It's a lovely little white bump. It's a reminder of my biggest fear though - needles...evil little things they are.


7) Location: Lower left arm
Story: I really have no idea. It just sort of appeared. So I have a scar. From what is the question. Any ideas?


8) Location: Just below right ring finger
Story: Last summer in Ukraine I was using the showers. There was this one without a twisty thing on it...you know...whatever you call that, to adjust the temperature. Anyway. I gashed my knuckle on it and got a pretty good cut. Now I have a cut little pink scar from it.

9) Location: Middle of right hand.
Story: This is another mystery scar.


10) Location: Lower right knee
Story: Heather and I decided it'd be fun to run through somebody's elses' sprinklers at midnight one summer. So we were running through, and it was too dark to see a rope tied from the ground to a tree. I had decided to go first because I had come up with the crazy idea. I tripped over the rope and went flying through the air and landed on my knees on the pavement. It did some h-core bleeding. 3 Weeks later it was just about healed, as in skin was reappearing in the area, when I was coming out of a garage and the edge of my roller blades caught the edge. I tripped and ripped the wound open again.

11) Location: Lower left knee
Story: Take a guess - same as the previous story. Bit of info though, one month before this injury was when I got hit in the head, and one month after was my second hit to the head in the QCI.

12) Location: Top of left knee
Story: I was about four years old and one of my parent's friends had taken me and my brothers to the local swimming pool. I was getting out when I banged my knee on the edge. This resulted in a cute litle rectagular white scar.

13) Location: Side of right knee
Story: Climbing trees. I wasn't awesome. And that bark is vicious.

14) Location: Right ankle
Story: Heather and I were climbing trees. And not being a pro, I scratched up my arms and legs, but amazingly the only place that a scar was left was on my right ankle and right knee! It looks like a pink scribble.


15) Location: Top of left foot
Story: When I was six years old I was hanging out at my best friend's house. Her sister came in to give us the scissors and didn't look to see where she was dropping them. Where they drop? Directly into my foot.

16) Location: Below toes on the right hand side on right foot
Story: Never wear uncomfortable shoes for a long period of walking time. Even if they looke really really really good. The pain's just not worth it.


17) Location: Below toes on left side on left foot.
Story: The shoes just looked really good. I mean reallllly good! I can't help it if I get caught up in fashion easily.


What's YOUR favorite scar!? Share your story with us in the comments! Yaaaaayyy. And for kicks, include your best meal EVER.

8 Comments:

Blogger alanna said...

I have two main scars:
-Beside my right hip I got my appendix out.
-on the back-left of my head I fell off my sister's bed onto a cement floor, and hit the corner of a dresser drawer. I was making a get-well cared for Lauren B who was in the hospital, dehydrated.
My best meal ever was eating tortellini for the first time. when I was 8.

22/4/06 13:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahhaha oh my....great memories... number 10...is my fav, when you dove through the air like superman...i laughed so hard. haha...oh i miss thoese days...
love you

22/4/06 18:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! Death by chocolate was always my favourite dessert, too... it's probably the best thing my grandma could ever make. My best scar iiisss... the one on my arm that I got in cooking class last year. It's from a teflon pan and like two inches long and a third of an inch wide. It makes me look tough. Hahahah.

22/4/06 19:05  
Blogger ...Jillie... said...

MAN you WERE bored!! ok.. i'll share my top 3 scars with you...

NEW recent one: inside right ankle
Aquired: Dominican Republic
HOW: Burned it on teh exhaust pipe of a motoconch.. yes.. for memeories of that trip

Second: Left hip/stomach
Aquired: Major Road Rash, on teh indian reserve in Penticton after doing a 10km hill climb.. more came with it.. but thats the best of them all

3rd: Knee Cap
Aquired: Riding down on our wagons down our drivways and totally flipped out of it.. GOSH i loved those days in teh culdesac with nothign better to do that catch grass hoppers and roll down the hill

Soo yeah.. I worked at wendy's tonight.. Did I mention to you that I'm vegetarian?! See the dilemma? I think so..

22/4/06 22:06  
Blogger AfterVerner said...

I don't really look for scars on myself. But there is one I noticed..

I was really young, and I think we were in the states for some reason. and there were dogs. and a tire swing. I think I fell off the tire swing and hurt my knee.

The only reason I know it wasn't a dream is because#1 the scar #2 somewhere with that memory, we went to Wendy's. and got the toys. which are still around.

And my best meal ever was one made for school weird enough. English 12. Hamlet. had to make a danish meal. So we did. the clincher(ironically enough as they arent my favourites...) was the potato soup. Sooo amazing.

23/4/06 22:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a gangsta scar too, on my right (or left) eyebrow..no mirror by the computer and I'm not going to look for one. I was 4 (so we're talking 35 years ago) and I got out of control riding a tractor trike down my friend's back yard. I couldn't slow down so resourcefully used my forehead on the underside of their porch as a convenient braking method. Clever, eh? Thus far, my kids seem smarter than this.

26/4/06 23:20  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here have a cigar....ooops...I mean here a scar to tell you about.
I have so many scars the word limit would be exceeded. One I will tell you about is about 5cm long on my left shoulder. I got it from a sharp edge on the corner of aluminum siding, but it looks like a knife wound...so that is my gangsta scar.
As for favourite meals I see you judge a meal by dessert. In that case I make a mean banana split!!

30/4/06 09:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you work with a lot of celery and celery water stays on your arm without you washing it off, and then you go out into the blazing sun afterward it causes this crazy scarring thing called "celery burn".
No joke at all. It looks like I've got about four small blemishes just above my right wrist due to this phenomenon. Beware of celery burn!
As a side note: what a great name for a band.
"'Celery Burn' on their 'Burnination Tour' coming to a town near you!"

8/5/06 14:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home