Monday, April 24, 2006

Wedding Bells

So, I attended that wedding on Saturday. Now, I also have another EXCITING wedding related announcement. But for effect, my own fun, and anticipation, we are going to make it into a game. I will type out the sentence of what's happening in words in this color. So, during your reading you can write the words (in order!) or just try and remember them. Once you have put them all together, you will know what has gone down yo.

The wedding invite said that it started at 11:30, so we got there at the arriving time, 11:15. Sam. But in true African fashion, Is the wedding didn't start until exactly 12:30. The entire time Elizabeth, Cheryl, my mom and I had bets going on My when it would start and how long it would be (yes I hang out with 50 yr olds). So anyway when it starts the groomsmen have like this coreographed Brother dance they do down the aisle in their suits, then they turn and go back out the aisle. Then the bridesmaids come and do the same sort of dance down the aisle to their seats at the front. The groomsment then come out Kelly's again and dance to their seats. Sara, the bride, is then walked in by her parents. The groom walks up to the stage to stand by Sara, and they both take a seat facing the pastor. We all sit then, and the sermon begins. This goes for like 40 minutes, and trust me, is quite hilarious but the content is a bit above PG, so I'll hold off. Afterwards they do the vows and stuff. Once they have exchanged rings, they give each other a big hug, no kissing. Girlfriend Then Kendrik (groom) lifts her veil VERY slowly. I would've had time to go and grab some popcorn to watch. No kissing still though. After they sign the papers, as the pastor put it, "Kendrik now has a license to see what he has never seen before!" Hallelujah! So then the parents of the bride walk the bride and groom And back down the aisle, and the grandma pulls out her sweet moves, and even grandpa this time. Then the bridesmaids and groomsmen dance together out On the aisle. It was pretty dang awesome, definately sweet. Best part is they walk into like hip hop gangsta rap music.

Last night the team that Friday was in Kitwe came through Lusaka because they fly out tomorrow. And God bless them, they brought us loads of Canadian goodness. What exactly would this be? Peanut butter (the stuff here tases Night like poo), brown sugar, chocolate chips, drink mixes, licorice, hot tamales, honey, coffee, and pens. This morning Kelly for breakfast then I had bread (I despise toast) with peanut butter and honey on top, an I'm pretty sure I overloaded because Proposed I feel sick right now. But it was soooo worth it.

Now, I sure hope And you figured out the secret sentence! Did She you enjoy the game? Said It sure kept me entertained YES.
I get a sister (in-law)!!!


Also congrats to Steve and Leah who had their baby, Parker (>>), on April 1st. They were married last June, and we've known them forever. Can't wait to see the cutie. Oh yes, aaaand congrats to the family I used to babysit who just had a baby on April 19th, Kenedy.

7 Comments:

Blogger alanna said...

That's so fun! At the grad ceremony they were doing one of those line dance things too. sisters are great.

25/4/06 11:14  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow, lots of exciting announcements on your blog today. Congrats to your brother Kelly. I'm sure Dawn's going to be shocked because Kelly always said he was going to marry her...haha. How did he propose? I must know details. Congrats on getting a sister in law...so cool. I have to tell you though I played the game before I read the rest of your blog. I am not very good at being patient. haha.
That wedding sounds like it was a lot of fun. I want to walk down the aisle to a song that has a lot of base in it. haha. I'm such a nerd. I'm still so excited after reading all your exciting news.

25/4/06 13:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahah thats seriously awesome....wow the camerons had their baby?! crazyyyyy....see ya later my lonny

25/4/06 16:39  
Blogger AfterVerner said...

Wow, lots of...stuff. What's the category for all that? Weddings and babies and engagements and such. Maybe there isn't one, but they seem to go together in my head...and all happening relatively close together too. Well, it IS springtime.

25/4/06 16:56  
Blogger ...Jillie... said...

Ahahah I'm still soo tickled pink about Kelly's engagement.. soo cool I must add.. But honestly.. i haven't been able to scout out Sam at school whatsoever! but thats alright.. still delays on your package.. gotta get everything in order.. not just rushed and thrown together.. you know.. gotta have the thought in there.. anyways.. its superbly late.. and I need to sleep.. plus I have a HUGE test in socials tomorrow (38 marks) yeah.. thats right Ms. Flavelle. What a joke. but God bless her soul. Anways.. i'm off tootles darling!

25/4/06 23:06  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww they're getting married? Man, how... cute... *hides disappointment* Hahah ahh I'm just kidding. That's quite exciting! I must admit, though, that I cheated and just looked at all the green words first. :)

26/4/06 19:08  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Kelly!! :)

30/4/06 09:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home