Wednesday, September 20, 2006

In recent news...


Today's blog update will include (but not be limited to):
English class happenings
Wedding updates
Venting
Book section
aaaaaaaand last but not least...
The Chair!

English Class Happenings...

All is still well in the wonderful world of English. I'd say Danae and I are pretty much the coolest kids in the class (we pushed our desks together today and shot our "hand guns" with our silencers on). Around 3 today I guess the teacher decided he was finished teaching for the day and threw on some Simpsons. It was perfect timing because just as the episode ended, announcements came on for the end of the day! Good stuff. Oh, and for our first composition of the year I got an 84%, so I'm pretty happy about it.

Wedding Updates...

So last Friday afternoon I get an urgent call from my brother's fiance, Sam. She franticly asked if I still had the tags on my skirt to which I replied to with no and to my reply she replied oh crap (or something like that)! That night I was heading out the door to a friend's when she said she'd be by to pick me up in 40 minutes. Okay. We (bridesmaids and Sam) headed out to the mall, and purchased our new bridesmaid outfits for the wedding then. They're better than what we had before (ivory tops with brown skirts) so that's cool. Oh right, what we're wearing now are green dresses. I know, not very descriptive, but you'll see pictures (or be there in person!) eventually.

Venting...

I hate boys

Book Section

Currently I am reading "We Wish To Inform You That Tomorrow We Will Be Killed With Our Families - stories from Rwanda" which is excellent, lengthy, but the good sort of detailed. Next up is "The Poisonwood Bible" which I am excited for. Supposedly it is depressing, and sort of discouraging, but I'm interested in the content and the message. My English teacher made some comments on it, so I would like to discover for myself what I think of this book. Any thoughts on it?

THE CHAIR!!!!

Well since Kelly is moving out, and my dream of knocking down the wall between our room to create one massive Lauren area won't be happening, I've inherited his chair! It's a beautiful brown rocking/spinning chair containing all the comfort in the world. Since before now I've only had my bed, a wooden chair, and an ugly (to say the least) chair for my guests, I'm stoked for this baby. Here you can see it nussled up against my pile of hoodies, leaning into the corner where the brown meets the curtains meets the white meets the stars, grently cradling the clothes of which I am too lazy to hang up. Lovely, just lovely.

Current Mood

I'm a tad frustrated with somebody over something, but they don't know it. And I don't like confrontation, so I'll leave it unless it really begins to bother me. Boys bug me so much. But life is great, it's an uphill climb in the sense that things are getting better and better each day. I am so stoked for life.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jaime said...

Good show on the 84%! English was probably my fav class, if I had to have one.
The Poisonwood Bible is a good book. Have read it twice; not an "uplifting" book but still good.
You hate boys huh? That is too vague, what have they done?
I don't like confrontation either, actually I've always tried to avoid it in my past. Just from MY experience it's better to confront someone over something, unless it's just a really small issue that wouldn't be worth it. But if it bugs you enough, it is worth letting the person know, especially if it's plaguing you.
Life Rocks, Lauren, glad you're enjoying it!! :)

20/9/06 20:03  
Blogger AfterVerner said...

I hate boys too...They weren't build right or something like that. Everything is backwards. And they aren't that bright...

That looks like an amazing chair. Comfy right? Enjoy the wedding. And talk to the someone about something. Nicely of course. It'll be good.

20/9/06 21:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well thanks for nothing. I thought I was your friend...and now you say you hate me*tear*tear*tear* Whats happened, I am a boy so I guess I bug you. Oh well I'll find another friend then
jking
Nathan

21/9/06 12:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home