Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Wedding

Okay, due to high demand (or two comments) I shall write to you all about the big day. Pictures will come in a couple days, because I don't have time to upload them all right now.

Friday morning us bridemaids met up at the hairdressers where there was a half hour of panic since Sam had forgotten the picture of how she wanted her hair done. Luckily Africa had taught me how to find different internet sources so I was able to use Sam's mom's friend's laptop to hook us up to google, and bam, we found it. Jill and I were the first (besides the bride) in the hair chairs. I was sort of scared my hair wasn't going to work out because the bobby pins kept sliding right out. FIVE tries later my hair was done. Jill and I drove back to the Isslers (where women were getting ready) and got ready while we waited for the crew. We were supposed to leave the house at 1, and everybody got to the house at 12:30. Brittany, Amie, Sue, Sam, and Rick still had to get the proper attire on and do their makeup (with the exception of Rick haha). NUTS! So that was basically panic mode. We all hopped in a limo then and stopped on the way at a gas station to grab some drinks haha.

When we got to the park I was so thankful to see clear skies, and considerably warm weather. The guys walked into that song from Rocky, and us girls to a song from Phantom of the Opera (not the one you're thinking of). Best moment was when I was walking to the front, and Kelly and I had eye contact and he just gave me a huge smile and we each said more there than we could've with actual words. Sam looked gorgeous walking through the trees with Rick, down the aisle to beauty and the beast song. You know the part in weddings where the minister asks "who gives this woman to marry this man?" and then the bride's parents say "we do"? Well they did that, and Kelly walked over to Rick and they did paper rock scissors hahaha. The first time it was a tie for paper, and the second kelly won the woman with paper over rock. So awesome. The ceremony was beautiful. It stayed really nice out right up until we finished pictures at the park, and as we were getting into the cars it began raining. Through the ceremony I managed to hold it together, but I shed actual tears when kelly and I shared a big hug, I love him sooo much.

Reception in one word: sweeet. It was at Manteo Resort, right on the lake, and it was so nice. I discovered the head table isn't all it's cracked up to be. Makes for hard conversation, and a limited amount of people to converse with. So I made a man out of a plate, and some cutlery, using one of the little rocks for a belly button. Awesome, so awesome. After a while, I got up and socialized with the crowd. This was when I found Dawn's table fighting with table 11. Not what you think. The center pieces were vauses with japanese fighting fish, therefore it was the fish. For a while the blue one just puffed up and chased the red one, but that was about it. After getting some chocolate mousse, I came back to the table and was talking to Corrie when we both looked over at the fish bowl and he pointed out there was only one fish. After that realization, we noticed a red flopping fish on the table. It got flippin knocked out of the bowl! BAHA!! So we threw him back in and he got knocked back out. So he went back to his own bowl then (teehee). Sometime during the reception Holly, Michelle and I went up and did a spontaneous speech where I shared a couple sweet stories about growing up with a boy like Kelly, and Holly about how Sam has always been in love with kelly.

Sam and Kelly made the wedding party dance. What a gong show. It was to some Bob Marley song. Steve and I just did the classic step back and forth for a while, and then we all joined hands and made one big circle and just sort of spun around hahaha and then girls and guys split up and we did super super lame dance off. So awesome. Hahahaha. Then the real dance party began when everybody partied it up on the floor. Here is where big props go out to Dawn for her mad dancing skills on that "celebrate good times COME ON!" song.

So folks there is my rush job of a summerization of the wedding. I hope you enjoy! I have homework to get to, a resume to write, and new clothes to put away! Pictures to come soon...

PS Have myspace? ME TOO! http://www.myspace.com/theredbenodistance

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucas said...

sounds nice! my congrats to the happy bride and groom.

15/10/06 21:49  
Blogger AfterVerner said...

Sounds like an amazing experience. Yeah dance offs...

16/10/06 01:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home