Monday, May 29, 2006

Home Sort of Sweet Home

Alright so apologies for not posting on Monday like I said I was going to, but life got a little busy.

Tuesday morning we got to the airport and said good-bye to everybody. After line ups, plenty of waiting, and a juice box, we boarded the plane. Sean and I sat next to each other. We were in the middle section, and he had the aisle seat. Across from us was Joel (from the cruise) and one of the girls. The flight was pretty boring as most flights are. I watched The New World which has to be the worst movie ever, Shooting Dogs which beats Hotel Rwanda by far, and forget the other movie I watched. (somehow it just went to underline, and I dont know how to change that). Unfortunately there were no strange people on the plane to comment on.

Once we put our stuff away in the hotel (we were staying at the Park Inn) we walked across the street to a pub called The Three Magpies. I had a pint of Coke (yay for underaged girls) and nachos for the first time in 5 months. Let me tell you, nachos have never tasted so good. Man, they had the best chicken wings too. I love pubs. But it was so intensely loud after being in a country where everybody barely even whispers when speaking in public.

Wednesday morning Mom and I caught a bus back to the airport and found our way to where the underground was. Thanks to Rae's loverly directions, we found the thing to take us to Green Park and hopped on. I listened to Dashboard Confessional for 20 mins but then I felt guilty not talking to my Mom, so I turned it off and began some conversation. 40 mins later we got to Green Park. Just as we were walking up the stairs to outside, Rae was coming down, quite perfect timing I must say. The three of us wondered over to the palace to say hey to the Queen, but she was too busy so we had to leave it for another day. They had a big parade thingy for the changing of the guards. But we like to think it was for us. Afterwards we did the long awaited Starbucks run. A Chai Tea Latte has never tasted so good. Hoooly carrots. Man. Amazing. Rae also gave me my birthday present - a sweet super hot purse filled with British chocolate and a super funny magnet. The rest of the day we wondered around downtown London, and I discovered my new favorite store, H&M. Since I didn't have any money to buy an outfit, we picked one out and Rae took pictures of me in it in the changeroom haha. For dinner we hit up Pizza Hut and I determined British 7 Up is better than Canadian.

That night mommy and I watched British television while I let the tap run for like five minutes, absolutely captivated by the cleanliness of it. The next morning we had chocolate for breakfast, it was great. We got to the airport around noon, and headed towards the train to take us to terminal 4. Just as we were at the door to terminal 4 a fire alarm went off and all these fire guys were running all over the place and we couldn't go in. An hour later they let us, but didn't say what had happened. We boarded the flight after line ups and creepy men experiences. Mom and I were stoked cause she had the seat next to the window seat and i had the aisle. The entire time we're like I don't think anybody's gunna sit there...this is awesome! Guess who the last person on the flight was? The person sitting there. Jerk. So I watched Rumor Has It, Match Point, and I think that was it.

Arriving in Vancouver my aunt and uncle picked us up and took us back to their place in Abbotsford. My cousin had picked up Timmy's for us, so I filled up on coffee and tim bits. Heck YES. I was asleep by 11 that night and slept right through until 7. I was so happy. We got on a bus at 11:30, and it got into Westbunk at 3:30. Driving in, seeing that first part of the lake, wow. I have never realized how breathtakingly gorgeous this place is. It's so unbelievable, how many places in the world are this awesomely awesome?

That night I went to Kelly's concert and hung out some friends. I came home at 11 and crashed. 15 minutes later him and Sam came in and woke me up so she could welcome me home. I slept right through after the greeting to 8. Saturday morning I organized my stuff. For lunch Brittany and I went out for JBCs and spent the rest of the afternoon at Value Village. That night I had dinner with our and Sam's family. Then Kelly drove me into Rutland to hang out with Krista, Steve, Breann, Katie, Heather and Brandon. We watched Steve and Brandon have a pillow fight, and watched the Underoath DVD. When I came home Sam's family was still here so I hung out with them then went to bed.

Sunday morning I went to church and got a million and one welcome home's. After churchI went over to Aunty Marlene's, when Sam and Kelly called. They picked me and Brittany up, and we went out on Sam's boat with her parents, little brother, and Sean. It was so nice to be out on the water. When we got home we made plans for Andy and Cheryl to come over for dinner. So Kelly and Sam made steaks and veggies and it was super good. Afterwards Daniel came over and hung out while we looked at pictures. After Cheryl and Andy left, Daniel and I started The Two Towers. He had to go home pretty quick though, and thanks to jet lag I was too tired to finish the movie.

Wow, so that's the shortened update of life. My next post should be more entertaining. It feels so good to eb doing stuff again. But I don't really feel like I belong here anymore.

3 Comments:

Blogger alanna said...

I still owe you 30 thousand. so much for that idea. oops.

29/5/06 13:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Home Lauren!!
Maybe get to see ya when you are on this side of the lake!?! :)

29/5/06 18:52  
Blogger AfterVerner said...

Must be pretty crazy being back. Everyone asking you about your trip. Hanging out. Guess it's almost the opposite from where you were just a couple weeks ago. You'll find your place again, where ever it may be. Welcome back to Canada!

31/5/06 23:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home