Thursday, June 01, 2006

Canada Shock

Culture shock is a weird thing. I mean I've figured out by now I definately experienced it in Africa. Not so sure I handled it correctly, but I can identify it. So I thought coming home would just sort of be like a big swing back into life as we knew it. Not so lucky. Clean water? Man, that is one crazy concept. Stereos, Much Music, Dr.Phil, Oprah, gigantic houses that apparently are normal sizes, stuff people don't even use for like five years but they for some reason still need it. It's so hard for me to try and grasp this culture we're living in. Stuff makes us feel good, complete, whatever. But we always need more of it. Why? There is that one thing that completes us - God. And it seems so obvious but I'm just not so sure anymore. Nothing changes here. Nothing. I forget who I was talking to who said it, but they said "it's like a soap opera, you can watch it one year, turn it on ten years later, and really only a few couples have been dismantled or arranged, and a few characters have been added or taken." Soo true. Then there's those ghosts of the past who insist on being friends with you whether for the popularity of the title you hold, the idea of you, or because you're another check on the list. Man, this life stlye is just so messed up and I'm really having a hard time figuring out where I belong in this. You know? Cause I don't really...

I have to go to school now for blocks A and B. A block I hang out with this gr12 student who will tutor me and do Math review. Then in B block I go to the learning center (which apparently nobody in our school knows exists haha) where Kelly's old Art teacher who is trained in Science will help me out with Math (what the?). Yeah. I also chose my courses for next year. Wanna hear them? Okay. Applied Math 11(I've had enough of smart classes), SS 11, Bio 11, Bio 12, English honors 11, English 12, Film Studies (this class rocks, studying movies, heck yeah!!), Fitness and Weights, Ladies auto, there was something else....uumm......hhmmm...........ooo yes Phsycology!

Sean (mon frer {brother} for those of you who dont know) is now a blog spot user (big cheer). So sean, I expect a comment.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah applied math!

1/6/06 17:00  
Blogger AfterVerner said...

Had enough of smart classes, or just math? Looks like the rest are pretty crazy. And yes our culture is messed. One of the only places where you can call your friend some pretty harsh stuff and it's a joke. At least we don't get hurt so easily. Maybe that's why it is what it is around the nation.

1/6/06 22:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home